GRILLED VEGETABLE SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING RECIPE
From: Taste of Home
My Italian-style grilled veggies have a wonderful sweet and sour dressing. Best of all, I pick the fresh veggies and herbs from my garden.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, yellow pepper and tomatoes. Add oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a grill wok or an open grill basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl; sprinkle with herbs. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.